Allocate at least 5 hours to complete this field experience.
Observe and interview one grade1-3 certified general education teacher using literacy assessment and developing a successful literacy framework in the classroom. Your interview should address the following:
- Which literacy assessments have proved to be successful in identifying student needs? How were these assessments chosen?
- How does assessment data drive curriculum and the literacy framework?
- What data collection methods are used to track and monitor student progress?
- What technology tools are used to focus on continuous and effective data?
- How is data information shared with students and students’ families?
- What does a comprehensive literacy framework include?
- What does a typical literacy block of instruction include?
- What steps are taken to develop a literacy framework that meets the needs of all students?
- How are the cognitive, emotional, social, and developmental needs of students factored into instruction choices?
- What steps are taken to monitor and adjust curriculum based on student needs ?
- What technology tools are utilized in the classroom to reinforce and develop literacy curricular concepts outlined in the literacy framework?
In 250-500 words reflect upon your observation, highlighting how the teacher used literacy assessment and developed a literacy framework in the classroom. Then summarize and reflect upon your interview and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Document the locations and hours you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form with the last assignment by the assignment due date. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.