For the Milestone Two, you will assess the needs for a human resource information system that will manage employee information and Benefits and Compensation for ABC Corporation, a mid-sized company.
The ABC Corporation would like to implement an HRIS. The company has 200 employees in 3 locations in the United States. The company has plans to grow 100% over the next 3 years. Currently, ABC Corporation utilizes Excel and Word for keeping track of employee files, payroll, and total compensation. Annually, the company spends $50,000 for the HR Department for the salaries of one HR employee who maintains the employee records. There is an accounts payable clerk who makes $45,000 a year and works on Payroll 2 days per week.
Write a 3-4-page paper (not including a cover and reference page) that includes the following sections
- INTRODUCTION: Explains the content that will be reviewed in the paper.
- BUSINESS ASSESSMENT: Describes the business (size, structure, etc.). If there are unknowns, make assumptions based on typical companies from related fields and of similar size.
- IDENTIFIED PROBLEMS: Consider the HR problems/challenges of the organization. Make a list of HR functions that you believe could be more efficient based on your experience. Make assumptions if needed. Choose one HR function for analysis.
- HRIS NEEDS ANALYSIS: Review the shortfalls and challenges of the selected area. Refer to the course reading for additional information on conducting a needs analysis. Answer the following: How might an HRIS application assist the business? What elements should the HRIS contain in order to help the company be more efficient and productive?
- CONCLUSION: End the paper with a concise summary of your findings and recommendations for next steps for the company.
Conduct your research using your textbook and resources from library databases (such as Business Source Complete, Business via ProQuest, and eBooks via EBSCO) and from credible webpages.
The paper should be in APA format, and should include correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage. For more information on APA, please visit the Online Library, which is available through the Resources tab.