Write a 3-5 page paper in which you analyze why regulatory agencies began monitoring quality in health care, explain how regulatory agencies have impacted quality of care, and provide an evaluation of quality.
Must Follow Rubric
Regulation in the U.S. Health Care System
- Hedrick, S., & Gingerich, B. S. (2006). The deemed status process. Home Health Care Management & Practice, 19(1), 69–71.
- Young, K. M., & Kroth, P. J.(2018). Health care USA: Understanding its organization and delivery (9th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. Available from the Bookstore.
- Chapter 11, “Public Health and the Role of Government in Health Care,” pages 300–350.
- Chapter 13, “Future of Health Care,” pages 370–392.
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management. (2010). A brief history of ASHRM: 1980–2010 [PDF]. Retrieved from http://www.ashrm.org/about/files/A_Brief_History_o…
- Rahmati, M., Hyman, D. A., Black, B., & Silver, C. (2016). Insurance crisis or liability crisis? Medical malpractice claiming in Illinois, 1980–2010. Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, 13(2), 183–204.
- Reisch, L. M., Carney, P. A., Oster, N. V., Weaver, D. L., & Nelson, H. D. (2015). Medical malpractice concerns and defensive medicine: A nationwide survey of breast pathologists. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 144(6), 916–922.