The elderly often function on a health continuum that ranges from premature death to a high level of (mental and physical) wellness. Although the nurse may not be able to reverse a patient’s current health status, identifying and developing a healthcare plan may help the client live at their highest metabolic, physical, and nutritional levels.
Consider the health and wellness challenges faced by the elderly. Develop a nutrition and wellness program for an elderly person in your social circle.
Develop an 8 to 15 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and address the following:
- Metabolic health challenges and needs
- Physical health challenges and needs
- Nutritional challenges and needs
- Mental health challenges and needs (include social needs)
- Propose a health program
- Propose a nutritional program
Please note that you will be expected to present this in class.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to the Submissions Area. Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources